Friday, April 3, 2009



It's Pickled Egg time at the Fitzsimmons Home! There is nothing as good as a cold pickled egg with your salad or just eating it as a little snack.

Here is the recipe so enjoy!

Pickled Eggs from the Fitzsimmons Home

1 gallon glass jar- empty 3 cups vinegar 3 cups sugar 2 cups water

2 - 16 oz pickled beets (sliced or whole) 1 - 6oz bottle of Jalapeno peppers (sliced or whole)

1 large onion-sliced 3 doz eggs, boiled and peeled

Heat the vinegar, sugar, water, juice from beets, and jalopeno peppers with juice. Bring it to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Layer the hard boiled eggs with onion slices and beets. Then pour hot juices over the eggs and seal with lid. Refrigerate for 1 week. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Yum! I will be making these right away. I probably will be the only one eating them but that is o.k. Have a great conference weekend.
vickie

sQuish8 said...

I made mine yesterday. Don't know if I can wait a week to eat them. I'm so excited.

sQuish8 said...

I like to mash them up & add mayo & make them into a sandwich. Yummy! I am salavating just thinking about it.

Vickie said...

Hey, I thought you said to wait a week to try an egg. Well, I guess I better try one out too!
Vickie